Join us for a night of movement, music and community on Tuesday, April 9th for Ecstatic Dance at our house of dance worship – Judson Memorial Church – New York City! We will have a warmup class from 7-8 PM, followed by 2.5 hours of Ecstatic Dancing with an amazing DJ and live drummers, ending with a closing sound healing + closing circle. There will also be a beautiful lounge space with Ambrosia Elixirs serving refreshing beverages and nibbles all night, with ambient music and a warm vibe provided throughout.
First time to Ecstatic Dance NYC? Here’s a little bit about what it is:
Ecstatic Dance is a community gathering for people who want to express themselves freely, alongside a beautiful group of people who are there to connect and expand together.
Join us and enjoy a safe and inspiring space to dance without talking, drinking, and the nightclub vibe. This is about self-expression, freeing your mind and body, and connecting with yourself and those around you. No booze, no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional. Amazing music helps us keep it all about Dance.
1. No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk in the lounge space up on the balcony)
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Respect for the space and for one another
5. Move your body however you wish!
6. You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle. You can refill it at the venue. We do not provide plastic cups as we strive to be a zero-waste event.
Schedule for the night:
Doors: 6:30 pm
Warm up class from 7-8 pm: TBD
Free Form Ecstatic Dance from 8-11 pm with:
Ean Golden | https://soundcloud.com/ean-golden
Live Drumming and other special guests.
Soundhealing from 10:30-10:45 pm: TBD
Closing Circle from 10:45-11:00 pm
High vibe snacks + non-alcoholic beverages courtesy of Ambrosia Elixirs and lounge vibes and decor by The Chanda Lair.
Where: Judson Memorial Church
55 Washington Square S, New York
Tickets – $15 Early Bird / $20 Tier 1 / $25 Tier 2 / $30 at the Door / $20 after 9:30pm.
Tickets are non-transferable between events and non-refundable.
See you all there!